Today was day 11 of production!! (a.k.a. open house hahahahah)
This morning we had an interview with a DJ from 88.3 fm 🙂 She was very nice and welcoming and it certainly did make the interview easier. We did 2 interviews one in English, and one in Chinese. Technically, the English one should have been easier but in my opinion, the Chinese one went more smoothly (?) for us hahah 😛
We did some work until around noon when visitors started to fill in. Most of us (Yi Zee, Deng and Chun) are able to continue with our work as Su is the only one presenting. The first round of presentation is to the sponsors and the organises and the media. It was a really large group and among them was the journalist from Straits Times who interviewed us last week. She waved to us when she passed by our tent and came in again after the tour to ask a few more questions 🙂 The presentation went pretty well and some of them even laughed at our lame jokes.
The second round of presentation is to the teachers/principals of the schools which had teams in the top 100. Two of our school’s vice principals came, Mrs Lim and Mrs Lee. We talked to them a little about our work before the tour began and told them about some challenges we faced and some interesting things that happened to us so far.
The third session of visitors are our friends and family, there was not really a tour for that session and everyone was free to roam around. We managed to show our friends and family what we have been doing the past 2 weeks and share with them more about our story. We also explained our story concepts to the parents of other groups and they are all really nice 😀
Sadly, we didn’t manage to take a photo with Deng’s friends and Yi Zee’s family 😦
Sarah also came to visit us and she bought us Tim Tams and HOT CHOCOLATE. Did I mention how much I love hot chocolate? (This is Chun, by the way) She taught us how to do the Tim Tam Slam :))) Although most of us failed to do it properly, the melted Tim Tams are amazing and the hot chocolate too!! Thank you so much Sarah!!!! ❤ She also took photos of us presenting to the visitors. (Su is the only one presenting I don’t really know what happened)
Gratitude moments of the day:
1. Thank you Mrs Lee and Mrs Lim for coming down to NYP to visit us!! 🙂
2. We are really grateful for Sarah who came to visit us and giving us hot cocoa and Tim Tams!! 😀
3. Thank you to all the other teams who talked to us during the open house and made it really enjoyable!! ❤
4. Thank you Mr Nik and Ms Kaching for tolerating our cries of help and despair which is really loud and Mr Nik for helping us put the puzzle up on the wall although we took it down after the first session, although you only ‘kinda like Spatium’ (actually we know that Vaders wrote that but the hurt is still real) we know that you love us but don’t want to admit it.
5. Thank you to our wonderful friends and family who came down to visit and support us !! We are really really grateful to have all of you ❤ ❤
That’s it for this blog post as we still have another day of production tomorrow and we need rest heheheheh. Don’t forget to leave a comment and stay tuned for more!! 😀
in the meantime, why not check us out on other social media platforms??
and like us on NEmation’s Facebook page!!